Stripe allows your customers to pay their invoices online using credit or debit cards. Once payment is accepted by Stripe, a payment record is automatically created in MyHallWizard to show they have paid. Payments are handled directly via your Stripe account. MyHallWizard does not have access to your customers’ card details and does not handle any money on your behalf.
To use this integration, you need to sign up with Stripe for a Stripe account. Payments made via Stripe are subject to Stripe’s standard fees plus a 1% platform fee. For example, payments to a UK venue made using a UK-issued card are charged at 1.5% + 20p by Stripe, and there is an additional 1% platform fee. So a £30.00 payment would incur 65p of fees from Stripe plus a 30p platform fee, meaning you will receive £29.05. These fees apply regardless of your subscription status with MyHallWizard – even during a free trial. There are no additional monthly or annual costs to use our integration with Stripe.
Follow our instructions for Setting up MyHallWizard to work with Stripe to get going.
Using MyHallWizard with Stripe #
Your Customer’s Experience #
Our integration adds a Debit/Credit Card payment method to invoices.
When the customer clicks on the link, they are taken to a page where they can view the invoice online – it’s a simplified version of the view invoice page you use as a booking administrator. If payment is still outstanding, they will see a Pay by Card button. Their attention is drawn to this button, so it is clear how to use it. (Note: the Pay by Card button is not displayed to logged in users, as it is intended for use by the customer only).
When the user clicks on the Pay by Card button, they are transferred to Stripe where they can enter their payment.
Once payment has been taken, they are returned to the view invoice page, where they are thanked.
Additionally, the invoice will show details of the payment received. (Any other payment which was entered into MyHallWizard for this invoice will also be listed here as well.)
Your Experience #
As soon as your customer’s payment has been accepted by Stripe, a message is sent to MyHallWizard which automatically creates a payment record for the invoice. This means you do not need to enter the payment manually, and the invoice is automatically marked as Paid.
You will notice the button next to the payment method labelled “Show in Stripe”. If you click this button, you are transferred to your Stripe account where you can see the details of the payment. You may be asked to log in to Stripe first.
Stripe will transfer the payment to your bank account depending on the payout schedule you have set up. By default this is paid daily, though there are a few days delay before the payout is made. The payout is made net of fees.
If you need to make a refund, use the Refund button on the Stripe dashboard (see the instructions above and the screenshot to find out how to get to the payment in Stripe).
Once you have entered the refund in Stripe, it automatically sends a message to MyHallWizard which records the refund as a negative payment and changes the invoice status accordingly. Refunds take a few days to come through to your customer’s card.
In the unlikely event that a refund fails (for example, the card no longer exists), Stripe will advise MyHallWizard which will delete the payment record.
If a customer disputes the transaction, the dispute is handled by Stripe, who will notify you. You should follow Stripe’s procedures to resolve the dispute.
If you lose the dispute and the payment is returned to the customer, Stripe notifies MyHallWizard, and a negative payment is recorded, and the invoice status changed accordingly.
Stripe Dashboard #
You can see the status of your Stripe account by visiting their dashboard at https://dashboard.stripe.com/dashboard.
Alternatively, from MyHallWizard, click on Settings in the navigation bar, then Integrations, then Stripe, and finally Go to Stripe dashboard.
Can I enter the card details as a Booking Administrator? #
Our Stripe integration is intended to only allow your customer to enter their card details. Unfortunately, we have been advised not to make this function available to Booking Administrators, as it creates problems with PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. If you wish to take card payments in-person, you will need to use an appropriate card machine (e.g. SumUp) and enter the payment manually. If you do this, please let us know so we can assess demand for an integrated solution.
Setting up MyHallWizard to work with Stripe #
It is very easy to set up MyHallWizard to work with Stripe. This process needs to be done by the Venue Owner or a Venue Administrator. The Stripe registration itself needs to be performed by a senior member of your team.
3. This will take you to the Stripe sign-up screen.
4. If you already have a Stripe account, enter the email address associated with the account. You will be asked for your password details to log in, then will be asked to associate your account with MyHallWizard.
5. If you don’t already have a Stripe account, enter the email address you wish to associate with the account and a password to secure the account, then go through Stripe’s registration process. The Stripe onboarding process collects a large amount of information about your organisation, as they need to perform AML/KYC checks, so please make sure you have all the information available. Stripe requests this is completed by a senior member of your team. The exact information will vary depending on your legal entity type and country, but could include:
- Company registration details
- VAT registration
- Business owners – name, address, date of birth
- Directors – name, address, date of birth
- Executives with significant management responsibilities – name, address, date of birth
- Bank account details, used to pay your receipts into or to claim refunds / disputed amounts from
If you don’t have all the information you need first time, don’t worry. Click the Back to MyHallWizard button. Next time you click the Connect with Stripe button on MyHallWizard, it will pick up where you left off.
7. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be returned to MyHallWizard which will show that you have now integrated Stripe. Invoices will automatically include Debit/Credit Cards as an additional payment method.
8. We recommend you visit the Stripe dashboard, click Settings then Branding and upload your Logo and set the Brand Color and Accent Color to match your venue’s branding.
9. Stripe may also require you to provide further evidence of identity after signup, for example a scanned copy of your passport. Check Stripe’s dashboard for any requirements.
Removing the Debit/Credit Card Payment Method from Invoices #
If you wish to switch off the Debit/Credit Card Payment Method from invoices, but do not want to close your Stripe account, you can go to Settings then Invoice & Payment Settings. Under What Payment Methods do you accept, uncheck Debit/Credit Card (via Stripe). Finally remember to click Save.
Deleting your Stripe account #
If you no longer wish to use Stripe with MyHallWizard. you need to delete the Stripe account from the Stripe dashboard. Please read Stripe’s documentation on Closing a Stripe Account first.
- In MyHallWizard, go to Settings -> Integrations -> Stripe.
- Click the Go to Stripe dashboard button
- You may need to login to Stripe.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account that you want to close. To check which account you are currently logged into, navigate to the top right corner and select the dropdown with your business name on it. You will see a list of all the accounts associated with your email login. The top account name (selected in purple) is the account you are currently logged into.
- Check that you have paid out any existing balance before closing your Stripe account.
- In the Stripe dashboard, go to Settings -> Account Details
- At the bottom of the Account Settings page there is the option to Close Account.
It can take up to 24 hours for MyHallWizard to learn that your Stripe Account has been closed. Once we are aware, the Pay by Card option will no longer be added to invoices or available in MyHallWizard for customers who already have an invoice.
Note that closing your Stripe account will not close your MyHallWizard account.