Credit Notes #
MyHallWizard does not have the concept of Credit Notes, but it is possible to achieve the same thing by issuing an invoice for a negative amount.
- In the Invoices module, use New Invoice to create a new invoice to the customer. Select a range of dates such that no bookings will be added to the invoice. This will create a blank invoice for the customer.
- Use Add Invoice Line to add lines to the Invoice, as required. Enter the Amount as a negative figure.
- Send the Invoice in the usual way.
When payments are entered into the system, the negative invoice will be considered as a credit, reducing the amount that needs to be paid.
Setting the invoice and credit note to paid #
If you are raising the Credit note in order to issue a refund, please follow the instructions for Refunds below.
If, however, you are raising the credit note to balance out an invoice issued in error, you need to follow this procedure. Otherwise your original invoice and credit note will be marked as “Sent”, and eventually “Overdue”.
- Go to the Payments module by selecting “Payments” in the navigation bar
- Click New Payment.
- Enter the Customer Name.
- Set the Amount field to 0.
- In the Allocation to Invoices section, against the original invoice, enter the amount of the invoice. And against the credit note, enter the amount of the credit note (this will be negative). The two values should add up to zero.
- Click Save.
The screenshow illustrates this for a £50 invoice which was credited.
This will change the status of the Invoice and the Credit Note to “Paid”.
IMPORTANT: If the payment to be refunded was made using Stripe, you need to make the refund directly from Stripe rather than following the instructions below. Stripe will automatically update MyHallWizard with a record of the refund. See Card Payments using Stripe for instructions.
Refunds can be entered into the system as a Payment with a negative Amount. Make sure you have created a negative Invoice for the amount of the refund first (see above). Then go to Payments in the navigation bar and select New Payment. Enter the customer and refund details accordingly.
- if you view a the invoice then use the Payment button from the invoice screen you cannot currently enter a negative figure. You can only enter the refund from the New Payments screen in the Payments module.
- You may need to manually adjust any allocations the system makes when entering payments to ensure the payment is allocated how you need.
- You can use the Statement of Account and the other financial reports in the Reports module to keep track of your customers’ accounts.