You can synchronise bookings from MyHallWizard to other calendar applications such as Google Calendar using the iCal feed. This is a two step process:
- Set up an iCal feed in MyHallWizard
- Subscribe to the iCal feed in the other application
Note: The iCal feed is not available to customers on the Free Tier. Please take out a paid subscription to access this function.
1. Set up an iCal feed in MyHallWizard #
- Click on Settings in the navigation bar then click on Integrations.
2. In the Integrations screen, click on the iCal card.
3. This will display the iCal feeds screen, which lists each of the iCal feeds you have set up. To set up a new feed, click the New Feed button.
4. Complete the New iCal Feed form to tell MyHallWizard what information to include in the iCal feed. Often you will be able to accept the default setup.
5. Once you are happy with the setup of the feed, click Save. The next screen summarises how the feed is being set up and tells you the URL of the feed. You need to copy this, as you will need to input the URL into your other application.
Important: If you choose to “Show private details”, you must not share the URL with other people or with any application which is publicly available, as any private bookings will be publicly exposed. If you are feeding a publicly available app, you must select “Hide private details”.
2. Subscribe to the iCal feed in the other application #
Please consult the documentation for your other application to find out how to subscribe to the iCal feed you have set up.
Google Calendar #
The following instructions are derived from the section “Use a link to add a public calendar” in https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37100?hl=en&ref_topic=1672445.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to “Other calendars,” click Add From URL.
- Paste the URL of the iCal feed you copied earlier.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar appears on the left, under “Other calendars.”
Google says it might take up to 12 hours for changes in your MyHallWizard calendar to show in your Google Calendar. When we tested it, it sometimes took over 24 hours for changes to go through. The frequency of update is managed by Google and we have no control over it.
Inspire Calendar Thermostats #
If you are connecting your iCal feed to Inspire Calendar Thermostats, please see the guide on Using iCal Feeds for Inspire Calendar Thermostats for guidance on how to configure your feed.